Raspberry Parfaits


This is a deliciously easy recipe. It is light and cool; the perfect  dessert to finish a summer dinner.

I had some friends over for dinner the other night and I was thinking what could I make for dessert, something that is easy and does not requires baking, (which would add more heat to my already hot summer day). I opened my cupboard, took out my favourite dessert notebook, and what do you know? I opened at the exact page where this recipe was. How perfect is that, specially that I had all the ingredients on hand (even some fresh raspberries from my garden). I felt really good about it. It took me no time to make it, then I just placed the cups in the refrigerator until was time for dessert. It was indeed the perfect finish to dinner and we all enjoyed it.  Hope you will too.


IMG_6227

Ingredients:
1 package (85 gr.) Raspberry Jell-o powder
1 cup boiling water
3 tbsp. sugar
2 cups frozen whole raspberries
1 envelope Dream Whip Dessert Topping
1/2 package (125 gr.) Philadelphia Cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Granola for topping, optional
Fresh raspberries, for topping

Directions:
Dissolve jelly powder in boiling water; add the sugar and stir to dissolve; stir in the frozen raspberries. Set aside until thickens.

Prepare dessert topping as directed on the package. Set aside.

In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese with powdered sugar and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy. Fold prepared dessert topping into the cream cheese mixture.

Spoon layers of the raspberry jelly and cream cheese mixture into parfait glasses, alternating them and finishing with the jelly. Spoon remaining cream mixture into a pipping bag, and make a swirls on each parfait. Sprinkle with some granola if you like and garnish each with a fresh raspberry.

Refrigerate 2 hours before serving.

Makes: 6 servings

IMG_6221


Comments