Home for the Holidays


I love the holidays and decorating my home for Christmas is just one of the things I enjoy doing. Once finished, I can take some time to relax and enjoy my home in the company of family and friends.  

These are a few of my favourite spots I thought I’ve like to share with you. I hope you’ll get inspired and make this Christmas a holiday to remember. 

holiday-decor

To make things bright, I added  mini lights to my Christmas display.

christmas-village

The child in me gets awaken every year when I set up my Winter Village. With all the little houses and it’s  little people…can’t be anything else but fun. 



railing-garland

To decorate the Christmas tree I like hanging a few special ornaments that I've collected over the years. One of them is the “Baby’s first Christmas” .

christmas-tree

I like the warmth that colours like gold and burgundy add to the decor. They are reflected in the globes  and decorations I used.  For a touch of  vintage, I draped strings of pearls on both, the tree and the banister.

Make decorating fun and create new memories by involving your kids, family or friends in decorating your home for the holidays.

globes

To add sparkle I filled a glass urn with glittering ornaments and shiny globes. Adding tea lights, candles or led lights make everything glow.

christmas-decor

Gold and red to brighten a corner needing some attention,

christmas decor

A grouping of three; a decorative box, a stack of magazines and a dish with scented potpourri. The glow of the candle adds to the holiday warmth.  

 IMG_5982

I used a vase I had to make an arrangement for my hallway table, using holiday floral supplies from the dollar store.

christmas decor

Turning existing accessories into holiday decor it’s easy with some  Christmas floral.

mantle

Another mantle gets a more rustic look keeping still with the same colour scheme.

table-decor

Another grouping of Christmas decorations found it’s way to one of my other tables. Have I told you, I love Christmas? :-)

I like to spread the joy of the Holidays by having family and friends over for dinner. A Christmassy  decorated dinning room table sets the mood as it is ready to welcomes my guests. 

table-setting

I like to set the table using layers of colour and texture so I like to start each place setting with a charger. Gold  metallic is my favourite, of course :- )

table-setting

For a touch of formal elegance I placed printed name tags into sparkling globe place settings.
 
gifts

Let’s not forget the gifts. Beautifully wrapped gifts will make a great impression to those on the receiver end.

Hope I inspired you in making your holiday beautiful.

Happy Holiday Decorating!

Leia’s Culinary Treasures

Comments