Frozen Pina Colada Wedges

 
Hello again!

How is your summer going?  I had a very busy summer as I can imagine, many of you had too. Time goes by too fast sometimes, which lately, has been most of the time. Too many things to do and not enough hours in the day to do them all... 

Is it just me or the days have gotten shorter?! I’m not talking about sunset, (that too) but the actual hours in a day. Seems,  they shrunk. I find that the weeks are going by way too fast. If you don’t have that problem, I’ll say, consider yourself fortunate. I just hate to think that soon the warm summer days will be gone too so I decided to enjoy summer while I still can. And what better way, than with a delicious treat. Your summer might be better with this frozen Pina Colada dessert.

IMG_1747

Just a few ingredients, quick  and  easy. Enjoy!
 
Ingredients:
1 pkg. 8 oz.(240 gr.) cream cheese, at room temperature
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. rum extract
4 cups Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed
1 can 8 oz. (240 gr.) crushed pineapple in syrup
2-1/2 cup medium unsweetened coconut
 
Directions:
In a large bowl beat together cream cheese and sugar until creamy and smooth. Beat in rum extract.

Fold in 2-1/2 cups of the thawed whipped topping, pineapple with syrup and 2 cups of the coconut.

Line an 8 inch pan with plastic wrap. Spread the mixture into the prepared pan.

Invert pan onto a serving plate and remove pan and plastic wrap.

Spread with remaining whipped topping and sprinkle with the remaining coconut.

Freeze until firm for about 2 hours.

To serve, cut into wedges and garnish with pineapple if desired.

Makes: 12 servings

Leia’s Culinary Treasures

Comments