Quick Veggie Rice


Fast and tasty recipe, specially handy to have for those occasions when you are short on time. It goes well with chicken, beef and vegetarian patties alike. 

Sometimes the need teaches you. That was exactly how this recipe came to life. I was finishing up my cooking one day when suddenly I realized I had not made the "Stir and Fry Rice" I had intended to make.  There I was, with not enough time to do that, so I thought, cooking rice and veggies together should work. Added some seasoning and spices and 20 minutes later I had a nice rice dish to serve...

Enjoy!
 
rice-quick-mix
 
Ingredients:
1-1/2 cup Jasmine Rice
3 cups water
1 cup frozen carrot and peas veggie mix
1 cup frozen corn
2 tbsp. vegetable oil ( I used sunflower oil)
1 tbsp. vegetable stock mix
1 tsp. seasoning salt
1/2 tsp. turmeric
1/2 tsp. paprika
1 tbsp. parsley
Salt and pepper, to taste
 
Directions:
Place rice and water into a medium size pot.

Add carrots-peas frozen veggie mix, corn, oil, stock mix, seasoning salt, turmeric and paprika.

Bring to a boil; stir and reduce heat to low. Cook  rice pot covered for 15 minutes.

Add parsley greens, cover and let stand a few minutes. 

Fluff with a fork. Season with salt and pepper, to taste and serve.

Makes; 6-8 servings

Happy Cooking!

Leia’s Culinary Treasures
COMMENT; What do you think of this recipe? Any thoughts or suggestions?



Comments