Warm Cherry Tomato Crostini

 
English muffins, topped with cheese, cherry tomatoes and grilled in a toaster oven for a delicious appetizer. Quick and easy!

I used soy jalapeno cheese but you feel free to replace it with your favourite cheese. Basil  gives a  burst of flavour to this crostini. Nothing like fresh herbs, right ?!  I even decided to grow a small pot of basil by my kitchen  window just for things like this… Hopefully it will survive through the winter.
Well, hope you will enjoy this recipe and when you do, drop me a line and tell me about it. I appreciate your feedback.  

Enjoy!

tomatoe crostini

Ingredients:

4 whole wheat English muffins
Extra virgin oil, for drizzling
8 slices of cheese (I used soy jalapeno cheese)
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
Garlic salt
Freshly ground pepper
Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
 
Directions:

Cut English muffins in half and arrange halves onto a small, toaster oven pan.

Drizzle each half with olive oil.

Place a slice of cheese on each half.

Arrange tomato halves (as many as you can fit), on top of cheese.

Sprinkle with garlic salt and freshly ground pepper.

Turn toaster oven to grill. Place pan in the oven and grill crostini at 375 F. for 12-15 minutes.

Remove from oven; garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve while warm.

Makes: 8 crostini

Happy week everyone!
 
Leia’s Culinary Treasures

Comments