Cherry-Raspberry Muffins


Another cloudy, rainy day! This cool weather makes me want to bake something...I have to admit, I am very tired of all this rain!  It has been raining almost daily for the last 3 weeks. There is now a flood watch in some areas and more rain still coming... I don’t know where summer is…!? Looking at the bright side, everything is lush and green; a feast for the eye! Hopefully, summer will show up one day very soon.  

Anyhow,  going back to my baking, here is an easy and simple muffin recipe. It makes 12 regular size muffins, but being just the two of us, I thought it would be too many muffin so I only made half the recipe. It looked like would be enough muffins until my husband popped in... :-) Needless to say, I now  whish I had made the full recipe. 

They are very flavorful and delicious muffins. Great with tea or coffee or just as an afternoon snack.  You can also use blueberries in place or cherries if you like or add some chopped nuts, like walnuts or pecans on each top before baking. 



Enjoy!

muffin


INGREDIENTS

2-1/4 cup flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 eggs
2/3 cups sugar ( I used golden yellow cane sugar )
1/2 cup butter, (or margarine) melted
1 cup milk
1 tbsp. grated lemon peel
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped cherries, fresh or frozen
1/2 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen

DIRECTIONS  
 
Grease and flour standard size (12)  muffin pan, or line with cupcake liners and set aside. 

Place four in a large bowl; stir in baking powder and salt.

In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, melted butter, milk, lemon peel and vanilla extract. Add to the dry ingredients and stir together just until combined. Do not overmix.

Fold in the cherries and raspberries.
 
Place batter into prepared muffin pan, dividing it equally between 12 cups.

Bake in the center of preheated oven at 350 F. for 20 minutes or until light golden color and until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes then remove muffins to a cooling rack. 

Makes: 12 muffins

TIP: If you are using frozen fruit, best to add it to the batter while fruit is still frozen, to prevent the color from bleeding throughout the batter.

muffins2



Happy Baking!

Leia’s Culinary Treasures

Comments

  1. I just made these today with some leftover fruit and they were delicious! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to hear that! Thanks for letting me know. Cheers!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Love to read your comments. Leave me one in the box bellow.Cheers!.