June 26, 2012

Cherry-Raspberry Muffins


Another cloudy, rainy day! This cool weather makes me want to bake something...I have to admit, I am very tired with all this rain… It has been raining almost daily for the last 3 weeks. There is now a flood watch in some areas and more rain coming... I don’t know where summer is…!? Looking at the bright side, everything is lush and  green; a feast for the eye! and hopefully, summer will come soon here too... Anyhow,  going back to my baking, here is an easy and simple muffin recipe. It makes 12 regular size muffins, but being just the two of us, I thought it would be too much muffin...I only made half of the recipe, thinking it should be enough, until my husband popped in... :-)   They are very flavourful and delicious muffins so you may want to make the whole recipe, just in case...
You can also use blueberries in place or cherries if you like.



muffin


Ingredients:
2-1/4 cup flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 eggs
2/3 cups sugar ( I used golden yellow cane sugar )
1/2 cup butter, (or margarine) melted
1 cup milk
1 tbsp. grated lemon peel
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped cherries, fresh or frozen
1/2 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
 
Directions:
Grease and flour standard size muffin pan; set aside.

Place four in a large bowl; stir in baking powder and salt.

In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, melted butter, milk, lemon peel and vanilla extract. Add to the dry ingredients and stir together just until combined. Fold in the cherries and raspberries.
Place batter into prepared muffin pan, dividing it equally between 12 cups.

Bake in the centre of preheated oven at 350 F. for 20 minutes or until light golden color or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.

Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before removing muffins from the pan.

Makes: 12 muffins

TIP: If you are using frozen fruit, best to add it to the batter while fruit is still frozen, to prevent the colour from bleeding throughout the batter.

muffins2

Happy Baking!

Leia’s Culinary Treasures

2 comments:

  1. I just made these today with some leftover fruit and they were delicious! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to hear that! Thanks for letting me know. Cheers!

      Delete

Love to read your comments. Leave me one in the box bellow.Cheers!.