Caramel Squares


My husband was looking for  a snack for his lunch box but I had nothing...How can that be...? :)  I was thinking, what can I make...something that is quick and easy...? I was looking through my recipes, and found this recipe, I even forgot I had, it’s been so long since I last made it. The squares are cake like, with a delicious fudge-nutty taste. They are easy and fast to prepare and perfect for lunch box.

Enjoy!

  Caramel-squares
Ingredients:

1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup medium, unsweetened coconut
1/2 finely grinded walnut
1/2 cup chopped walnut, divided

Directions:

Grease and flour an 8-in x 8-in pan; set aside.
In a medium size pot melt butter and sugar together stirring occasionally.

IMG_3453 IMG_3454

Remove from heat and set aside to cool;

IMG_3455 IMG_3456

Beat in egg and vanilla until well blended.
In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt.

IMG_3457  IMG_3459
Stir into the butter mixture. Stir in coconut, finely grinded walnut and half of the chopped walnut. Turn mixture onto prepared pan and smooth top.

 

Sprinkle top with the remaining chopped walnut.
Bake in 350 F. preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

IMG_3460 

Cool on a cooling rack for 10-15 minutes before cutting into squares.


Happy Baking!


Leia’s Culinary Treasures

Comments