Easter is coming


  IMG_2425ccc

Can hardly believe, Easter is almost here!

I love Easter! It means, Spring is here, hopefully : –)  Then there is the anticipation of  time to be spend with loved ones, with family and friends…  Easter is a happy time for children…the excitement of egg hunts, the expectation  of candy and  chocolates… and then of course, the food, the special Easter meal and decorating for the occasion…

I wasn’t sure which way my Easter celebration is going to go this year  but I thought I should still get a few little extras for my special dinner.  I am budget conscious when it comes to my spending, specially when it is just for a few hours….
Last year I made this napkin toppers for my table. (You can click on the picture and follow the link if you like to read more about it).    

craft-flower
 
This year I didn’t have time to make any crafts, so I went out to see what I can buy, instead.

easter-egg-ornat       easter-napkins
I found a box of decorative eggs $ 6  (at Home sense/Ross) very inexpensive, and you can put them in a bowl or use randomly on the table.

I usually like to use fabric napkin  for my special dinner parties but I thought, why not add some paper napkins also. It works great.  Not only they add color to the table and set the theme, but they also can be practical as they can come in handy during dinner time…  I found some lovely napkins at my local dollar store, ($1 for a pack of 20).

 easter-candles       east-flower-spring 

This little candles grabbed me with their lovely spring colors. Can never have too much color! …and they go well with my little flower bouquets, from last year. As you can see, it is simple stuff, nothing facny or expensive, just a few little things to make the dinner table more special.
 
I hope that my ideas helped you with your own Easter celebration.

I wish you all a Blessed and Happy Easter!

 

Leia’s Culinary Treasures

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The naming of the festival as "Easter" appears to return to the name of a pre-Christian goddess in England, Eostre, who was commended Halal food restaurant at start of spring. The solitary reference to this goddess comes from the works of the Venerable Bede, a British priest who lived in the late seventh and mid eighth century.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Love to read your comments. Leave me one in the box bellow.Cheers!.