Crown Napkins

Do you like to entertain ? Then you might enjoy making this napkin folds for your special occasion or your next dinner party.

I like pretty, elegant things, but I don't always have the time to spend achieving them, so I was very happy when I found an  easy way to add  a touch of elegance to my dinner table, by simply using folds on my dinner napkins. It's trully easy! Follow the step-by-step instructions bellow on how to make this folds. I hope you find them helpful :-)

fancy fold

1. Start with a square napkin and fold it in two diagonally into a triangle.
IMG_1387

2. Fold the  two sides  upwards…
IMG_1388

…..and place them about 1 inch away from the high point.IMG_1389

3. Fold top of the two folds you just made, about 1/3  down. IMG_1390

IMG_1391

4. Now take the top peak and fold it down twice. IMG_1392

5. Make on more fold over the bottom of the two little side folds. This is
 going to be the bottom part of the napkin.
IMG_1393

6. Flip napkin over carefully.IMG_1394

7. Fold the two ends back one third, tucking one end into the other end, sorry
my napkin looks a bit lopsided, but you get the picture... :-)
IMG_1395

8. Flip napkin over. Arrange the two sides if needed and place it over your plate.
IMG_1397

My napkin  was a bit too soft for this fold, but I hope you got the idea. Works best with a heavier fabric, like a damask. It is easier to stand it up and you can also fold downwards the two sides...
Well, have fun!

IMG_1401cc

Happy Entertaining!

Leia’s Culinary Treasures

Comments