Buttermilk Pancakes

I made pancakes for breakfast the other morning. It's one of my husband's favorites!
I like my pancakes with lots of fruits, some maple syrup and a dab of whipping cream or cool whip.

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups flour
1 1/4 cups buttermilk   
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
2 tbsp vegetable oil


Directions:
In a large size bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.

In another  bowl, using a whisk, beat together egg, buttermilk and oil.
Pour it all into the flour mixture and combine with whisk.

Heat a non-stick pan on medium high heat.  Drop large spoonfuls of batter into pan. Turn over when bubbles pop on top of pancakes and cook until golden brown. Place pancakes into a covered  dish to keep them warm.
Serve hot with your choice of fruit, maple syrup and cool whip.

Serves: 4 people
Preparation Time: 30 minutes

Comments

  1. Leia, I saw this on facebook and had to check it out. This looks wonderful! I am always searching for more recipes and it looks like I've found some good ones here. I'm wondering if you might share the recipe for the poppyseed crescents. I've been really wanting something with poppyseeds and haven't known where to start looking

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Love to read your comments. Leave me one in the box bellow.Cheers!.